As an EV owner (Tesla Model S - P85S), I've come to realize that it isn't as easy as it should be to find all the EV information you need. Oh, most of it is out there, but it takes a lot of work to find the essentials. We're Engineer-types and thought we'd create a site to do a few things:
- Compile essential information for EV Owners - calculations, tables and resources for charging and range estimation
- Provide links to sites, apps and databases for charger locations
- Provide Trip Planning & Tracking Tools (web and smartphone app) that:
- Estimate energy needed for your trip accounting for speed, elevation changes and weather using real-world numbers for different EVs. On-board systems and simple EPA or manufacturer ratings can be off by 20% or more - this tool should be within 3-5%.
- Figure out how much energy you'll have left at different points on your trip and where you'll need to charge (or the best places to charge for lowest cost or least charging time)